We're super excited because our local and favorite grocery store, Wegman's, now carries USDA organic grass fed beef and chicken! Yay! We've been buying hormone and antibiotic free meats waiting for this day to come. Oh how it tastes SO much better and we FEEL so much better!
In other Barton family nutrition, we are no longer eating pork. Yes, that means no bacon, ham, pork chops, sausage.... nada. I will not bore you with the details as to why, but the bottom line is- it is just not healthy for you. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and I finally made the decision to be done with it, I'm very excited!
We are also vowing to incorporate and/or use even more "super foods" into our diet. Avocados, kale, cabbage, grass-fed beef, organic coconut oil, omega 3 eggs, etc.
A recent favorite yummy breakfast in our home has been this easy and yummy meal I created. First, I scramble some Egglands Best eggs up in coconut or olive oil (I was out of coconut oil so have been using olive, but definitely prefer to use coconut) add sea salt, fresh pepper, and chili powder, and a very little bit of cheddar cheese. Then put it on these whole wheat tortilla wraps with added Omega-3's that Wegman's sells, top it with some avocado slices and a bunch of Rooster Sauce and BOOM... the best breakfast ever! You should try it!
We wish all our friends and family great health this year and don't forget--- you really are what you eat!





No comments:
Post a Comment