Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's a....


...BOY!!!!


On July 12th, 2008 at 8:25am, we welcomed Jack David Barton to our family! Jack was 8 pounds 7 ounces and 20.5 inches long. Because Jack was content in mommy's womb at 41 weeks, we unfortunately didn't get to VBAC like we wanted to. But, it all worked out well in the end and we are happy to have baby Jack on the outside now. Christian is in love with his little brother and has taken to the big brother role quite well. The first time he saw Jack at the hospital, he was so happy to see a baby and he started calling him "Ack". So cute.


This time, the recovery from the c-section has been horrible. I'm finally starting to feel "okay", but definitely am still a shell of myself. Although to some people sitting on the couch for 2 weeks may sound like a vacation, to me it is complete torture. I just can't wait to be back to my old self again.


We want to thank all the people who have helped us during the past month. Jason's mom was here the week before Jack was born, then my sister Jenna was here to help when I was in the hospital and then my mom came after Jack was born. We've had a house full of help but now that everyone has left, Jason has been taking care of me. Poor guy. He has been such a wonderful husband to me as I recover- I suppose I am going to owe him big time after this!

Even though Jack was slightly smaller than his big brother Christian, he is following his footsteps in the quick weight gain! When we left the hospital, Jack was down to 7lbs 13oz, 4 days later, he was already 8lbs 3.5oz (and 21 inches long!) and just 2 days later he was weighing in at 8lbs 9oz!


So without further hesitation, here are some pictures of the newest totally cute little Barton! Check in soon for more!












1 comment:

amy said...

Congratulations again on your gorgeous new boy!! And hope you feel better soon. Before you know it you'll be back on your feet and back to your old self...hang in there!!