Monday, June 16, 2008

A change of plans...

Hi everyone!

Just to keep you all on your toes, we've had a change of plans & heart for the delivery of our baby. Our doctor (can you believe that?!) convinced us to try a VBAC (vaginal birth after a cesarean section)! She has encouraged me that I can do it & this is what my body is made for, so after reading (as fast as I can) a bunch of books & doing some more research (this time pro-VBAC research) we have decided that we're going to let nature decide on our baby's due date- so no more July 1st!

I am no longer scared of 50 hours of labor & I will not let them touch me with any labor inducing drugs. We want very minimal intervention (so complete opposite of Christians birth) meaning no epidural!! Now that I have gotten over my fears of Christians birth happening all over again, & realizing that the reason the birth went that way was because of so many interventions, we really look forward to having a natural child birth!

Just keep us in your thoughts & prayers- the success rate for a VBAC is only 60-80% but we're keeping a positive attitude & we keep reminding my body that it was made to do this! If the baby does not come by 41.5 weeks, we will have to have a RCS sadly, but we have to do what is best for the baby & me.

Hope you are all well! Love & miss everyone!

4 comments:

amy said...

Oh my goodness!! Good Luck! So now the waiting game begins!!

Hungry Hungry House said...

I know you will be just fine and with Jason at your side you guys together will do whatever needs to be done! I can't wait..the days are just flying by!

Sarah said...

You go girlfriend!!!! I hope everything works out just as you dream of! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Nina! I think it is a great decision. I KNOW you can do it. Jason is a great labor coach and you both have the right frame of mind. I can't wait to hear the news!